The government's plan to conduct a common recruitment exam for banking jobs is finalized & as per Indian Bank`s Association (IBA), this new selection process will come into effect from June 2011.
Here are some of the important points to look in the proposed common bank test:
* Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will conduct the exam 2 times
a year for Clerks, Officers (entry level) & Specialist officers posts only.
* Candidates completing the exam would be given a scorecard valid for 1 year.
* Public banks looking to recruit for above posts will invite applications from those having valid scorecards, by specifying the eligibility conditions (age, education % etc.,)
* Candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria can send in their applications & proceed directly to Interview or Group discussion (whichever the bank decides)
* As IBPS is responsible for conducting exams - it will notify each time, about i) Eligibility conditions ii) Application fees iii) Exam date & pattern iv) Call letters
* Hereafter, scorecard issued after writing the common test is necessary to apply for any public sector bank jobs.
* The common exam model will cover job vacancies in Allahabad Bank,Andhra Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Central Bank of India, Corporation Bank, Dena bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab National Bank, Punjab & Sind Bank, Syndicate Bank, Union Bank of India, United Bank of India, UCO Bank & Vijaya Bank.
* State Bank of India & its 5 associate banks do not come under this process & will conduct separate tests as & when required.
Since the process has been decided, announcement for the 1st common bank exam could be out anytime sooner.