2. Extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
3. Switch off the phone and wait for vibration (about 5-6 seconds) to confirm complete device shutdown.
4. Now, place the Galaxy Note 2 in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Home buttons together while tapping the Power button. When a "Warning!" message appears on screen, hit Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
5. Launch Odin3 v3.07.exe (check Step 2) as an Administrator, as Admin privileges are required to complete the firmware flashing process.
6. Now, connect the phone to computer with the USB cable. A message reading "Added!!" appears in Odin's message box at the bottom left of screen. If the message fails to appear, just try another USB port (preferably the one at the back of computer). If all else fails then just reinstall the USB drivers for the phone on computer. When the successful "Added!!" message appears in Odin, proceed to the next step. At this point, the COM port with a number turns Yellow the device is successfully added.
7. Choose the following files in Odin using respective buttons to pull files from extracted N7100XXDMA5 firmware folder :
- Click the PDA Button, and choose the .tar file named 'Code'
- Tap the Phone Button, and choose file named 'Modem' (ignore if there is no such file)
- Hit the CSC Button, and choose file named 'CSC' ( ignore if such file is missing)
- Click the PIT Button, and choose the .pit file. Use the file if it is available while extracting in step 1, otherwise ignore it.
9. Verify that everything in Step 7 & Step 8 is done correctly. Then hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
10. Once the firmware is flashed completely, the phone will reboot automatically and a PASS message with green background appears in the left-most box at the very top of Odin. Now, just unplug the USB cable to disconnect the device from computer.
Galaxy Note 2 N7100 is now running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean based XXDMA5 official firmware. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.
NOTE: If Galaxy Note 2 phone gets stuck at booting animation after Step 10 then boot into recovery mode (press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together) and then perform Wipe Data/Factory Reset task before tapping Reboot System Now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate and Power key to select an option.